Some Inheritances Aren’t Worth Keeping
- Were you taught to plaster a polite smile on your face no matter the circumstance?
- Do you nod yes when you’re wilting, or even dying inside?
- Is there a split between who you show and who you’re truly meant to be?
- exhausted by pretending all day to be someone you’re not?
- single and looking for the right person, or partnered and wanting a deeper connection, but you don’t know how to ask for what you want? Hell, you’re not even sure you know what you want and you’re tired of buying lingerie and having drawn out conversations that just end up frustrating you. Maybe it’s time to let this one go, but you’re afraid of not finding anyone else, afraid to end up camped out on your couch eating ice cream surrounded by fifteen cats who get into literal pissing contests for your attention.
- wanting to “follow your bliss” and do creative work that reflects who you really are, but you’re stuck because you’re not sure people really want what you have to offer? You’re sick of contorting yourself into the person you think you have to be to be successful. You’re deeply tired of the games and just want to get real already.
- feeling like your life is good enough but your inner fire feels like a pilot light? You want to turn up the flame and see how far you can go, get clear on a vision for your life that would turn you on so much that you never dim that flame again.
- Gain the confidence to bring the real you out, whether you’re talking to your best friend, lover, or potential customer.
- Powerfully engage your work.
- Skillfully engage your family.
- Communicate your desires with clarity, joy, and, dare I say, fire.
- Ditch the parts of life you inherited that no longer fit and create a life that has you doing the underwear dance on the regular.
What I Offer
You get to be coached by me. Whoop whoop! But seriously, I’ve been at this personal and spiritual growth thing for thirty years, I’m courageous as hell, and have transformed my life multiple times, by choice, desire, and design.
I create a container in which the full power of your desire can come through:
- I listen without judgment.
- I ask insightful questions.
- I allow you the space you need to connect the dots that will transform your life.
- I challenge you when you’re holding back.
Who I am
I’m a woman who’s created a life that truly reflects who I am. I coach, write, do underwater photography, sing in the Agape International Choir in Los Angeles, live with the love of my life, Patrick, love our wacky dog, Phoenix, and do a bunch of cool biohacking stuff like cryotherapy and EEG brain training because I’m fascinated by human performance.
My prior background is in bodywork and Chinese Medicine. I left patient care to pursue an MFA in Poetry at Sarah Lawrence College and dedicated myself to writing for ten years before the desire to work with people one-on-one again got too loud to ignore. I’m trained through two schools of life coaching: Falling Awake and OneTaste.
I grew up participating in three cultures, American, Venezuelan, and Swedish, speaking three languages and feeling like an outsider in all of them. I spent a lot of time observing people so that I could do the right thing and try to fit in. Eventually, trying to be the person others wanted me to be got too exhausting. I had to figure out who I really am.
Now I know my sense of my belonging comes from within me and it’s available wherever I go. I want everyone to have the direct experience of sourcing their sense of belonging from within instead of twisting themselves into the shape that’s required in order to fit in with others.
How It Works
We start with an Exploratory Conversation, at no charge to you, during which we’ll dig deep into what you want to create in your life and what is involved in making that happen. I don’t charge for this call because I want us to get to know one another before we decide to work together. You get to feel the potency of my direct attention and I get to feel your level of urgency and commitment to change. I’m committed to working with people who have the necessary urgency to fuel meaningful change. At the end of our Exploratory Conversation, if it feels right to both of us, I’ll offer you a customized coaching package, generated from what we discovered together, to address exactly what you want to change and create in your life. Our initial Exploratory Conversation and all coaching sessions take place on Zoom video chat.
When we work together, we start by taking a clear-eyed look at your inner life and your outer life. That way we can see where you’re blocking your real, quirky self, pretending to be someone you think others want. Where you put their needs above yours. I’m not talking about becoming a peel-me-a-grape type of woman who lays on a chaise waiting for everyone to serve her. Unless that’s your desire, then let’s go there together! I’m talking about having your wants and needs be as valid and important as others’ and creating a life with people in it who get that. Using teachings and practices that I’ll share with you, you will dismantle your blocks, shed your inherited identity, boost your personal power, and strut out your real self. Once you do, watch your life transform.
What To Do Next
If you’re ready to step into and step out as your real self, click this button to set up a Powerful Conversation with me.
Sign up for my email list below. If you’re not yet ready for coaching, the free and growing resources you’ll receive by joining my email list are a great place to access support.
What Clients Say
I don’t feel stuck anymore
Working with Marie-Elizabeth helped me prioritize what’s important and kept me from getting too overwhelmed in the moment. Things are much calmer, I’m more relaxed, and I don’t feel stuck anymore. I learned not to create narratives about what’s happening that don’t exist, a gem I’ve passed along to my kids over and over again.
Hurry up, everybody!
What are you waiting for? Act while you still have an opportunity to get in with this wonderful life coach. Marie-Elizabeth has an amazing ability to hone in on the actual issue. In our coaching she nailed an issue I have been working on and I was able to clearly see my next steps and move forward.
Very, very glad I worked with her!
The coaching Marie-Elizabeth Mali gave me was truly life-changing, and I don’t say that lightly. For the first time in all my decades, I was given permission to pay attention to what I really wanted, rather than what I thought I was supposed to want. I listened to how my body felt and saw what activities brought me joy and which ones depleted me. There were exercises to do and regular check-ins with Marie-Elizabeth. I felt she honestly cared and was often struck by the wisdom of her insights.
A wonderful experience
Coaching with Marie-Elizabeth was a wonderful experience. Her ability to read between the lines and look behind the “curtains” one puts up, most of the time unknowingly, is outstanding. She is a caring person able to lead someone along the path of positive change. I feel honored and fortunate to have had her as my coach.
Links to More Cool Stuff
Click here to read my blog.
Click here to read and buy my poetry.
Click here to see and buy my underwater photography.
Quit blocking your growth!
Get a free guide with 10 surprising keys to getting out of your own way.